September 6, 2011

More important than a Half Marathon??

You ask yourself - what could be more important that posting my report of the this weekend's Virginia Beach Rock n Roll Half Marathon?

Just for a little background.  We had big plans to all run the Army Ten Miler as a family in October.  Then, my daughter Jennifer became pregnant - The original due date was September 21.  Didn't think that it was such a good idea to plan a run with a 3 week old baby (if it arrived on time).

Fast forward a few months - Jennifer's due date kept changing - she became so big - latest ultra sound had her due date as September 2nd.  OH NO - my husband was going to be out of town Labor Day weekend and I was running Virginia Beach with one of my sons, Scott, on September 4th.  I just told her to wait until I got back.

Well, babies have a way of doing what they want.  But everything works out for the best.

We welcomed Cole very quickly on September 1st.  He made a dramatic entrance and raised a few blood pressures. 

Welcome Cole - Frannie is ready to spoil you also!!


10 Minutes old - heading to the nursery


Big Brother Corbin - holding Cole


Cole looking very alert - 5 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment